Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Materials Donation Policy
The Diné College Libraries appreciate materials donations from our immediate community and beyond. Gifts of books and audiovisual materials are accepted by the Library with the explicit understanding that they become the property of the library to use, distribute and dispose of as we deem appropriate. We cannot accept materials with conditions or restrictions placed on them by the donor. The Library may distribute, discard, transfer, or otherwise dispose of gift items. Periodical items such as magazines and journals aren't accepted.
How to Donate Materials:
Please contact us with your name and contact information. After confirming if your items can be accepted, arrangements will be made for receiving.
How We Use Your Gift:
We use donations to augment our Tsaile, Shiprock, and Crownpoint collections and to supply back-up copies of popular titles and authors in order to replace books that get worn out or damaged.
We also distribute book donations to our local communities, including our local campus communities, chapter houses, and schools.
The Libraries particularly welcome:
- Arizona and New Mexico titles (any age in good condition)
- Navajo titles (any age in good condition)
- Current books (novels, non-fiction on popular topics, children’s titles) copyright not more than 5 years old
- Commercially produced DVDs and Native American CDs
We cannot use items that are:
- Musty, moldy, or water-damaged
- Soiled with grease, dirt, food, insects, etc.
- Marked with pen, pencil, marker, crayons, highlighters, etc.
- Damaged (broken spines, loose or torn pages, torn covers)
- Computer materials (manuals, instruction books, etc.)
- Computer Software
- Commercially produced videocassettes or audio books